Friday, November 18, 2011

Top Ten Video Games

               I figure that half of my readers are looking for some spiritual insight. The other half is simply wasting time online. If you belong to the former group, take a hint from the title and skip this. If you are wasting time, I would highly recommend the following.
               Looking at my blog, I am surprised at how incredibly religion oriented it is. To take a break from this spiritual monotony, I will do what I normally do: turn to video games. Hey, the fact that I can’t get married does not make me any less of a boy. So for no particular reason and in no particular order: a list of my top ten PC video games.

               10. Assassin’s Creed- A brilliant blend of role-playing, stealth, and combat, Assassin’s Creed provides an epic open world environment that even sandbox games have a hard time replicating.
               9. Star Craft- An incredibly well balanced classic that is the measuring stick for every RTS that comes out. Three unique and playable classes keeps things fresh.
               8. Bioshock- Amazing plot, good characters, innovative combat system. What isn’t to love about the grand city of Rapture?
               7.Modern Warfare- The point where Call of Duty made its resurgence. Although the new games are just as good, they are mere carbon copies of the original.
               6.Rainbow 6 Vegas II-Rainbow 6 has long been king for tactical shooters. Hunting terrorists can be hard as nails and is guaranteed to keep you busy for hours.
               5. Portal 2- A wonderfully new concept, gut-busting humor, and a surprisingly nice plot for only having one human character. Notice that this is the only game on my list that doesn't require killing things. Its that good.
               4. Team Fortress 2- A hysterical and incredibly in-depth shooter with 9 playable classes. The best part? IT IS FREE.
               3. Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast- It is simply the best Star Wars game I have ever played. I mean who doesn’t enjoy dicing up a platoon of stormtroopers?
               2. Battlefield Bad Company 2- The single player is mediocre, but the squad-based multiplayer is the best I have ever seen.
               1. Half Life 3- Simply the best FPS in the world. 

1 comment: