Monday, January 23, 2012

New Beginnings

               During my final meeting with the vocations director, I wondered what kind of response I should have to being told that I would not return to school. A whole host of thoughts and emotions flooded me all at once. I was angry, sad, overjoyed, relieved, and aggravated all at once. Being who I am, I tried to put these emotions into words, but completely failed.
               My thoughts were as difficult to describe as my emotions. They were seemingly random, unimportant, but rational. First, I realized that I would not get to eat at my favorite restaurant for a very long time, and I had personally told the owner that I would be back. I realized that I would have to make a trip up to conception to collect my things, and perhaps at that time I could get to Simply Siam. If I was lucky, perhaps I could score a dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse. At this point, I realized that I had not eaten all day, and should really stop thinking about food.
               My next thought was that I didn’t know what I would do with my blog. I figure people may want to read the ramblings of a seminarian, but would easily gloss over another young Catholic blog. I have no central topic. My views are not always spiritual; they are not always funny. My thoughts, like in my last meeting are completely random.
               Yet, as random as all my thoughts are, I think that they all stem from a valid hunger. I know that other people share my sentiments and hunger as well. As random as my thoughts are, I hope my readers can appreciate them.

4 comments:

  1. If you don't keep writing this blog I will hunt you down and cause you serious bodily pain, jk! lol!

    But no, seriously...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the incentive Mr. Von Baunach. I'll keep it in mind.

      Delete
  2. If you don't reapply whenever you can and return to a seminary where I will be, I will do nothing....But check back on your blog to see how you are doing. There's your reason for continuing this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoy your blog...and i finally know how to comment! you can't stop now!

    ReplyDelete